Sunday, September 2, 2012

Proverbs 17:22

"A joyful heart is like a good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

This week this verse has been coming up over and over and as my family has been down one by one with a virus, I couldn't help but take note! Oh for a medicine that will kill a virus! When I was a teenager, I went through Henry Blackaby's Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God. (more about that here www.blackaby.net/expgod) Blackaby always mentions that when a verse continues to come up around you, PAY ATTENTION! Well, its come up at least five times over the past week. Soooo, I have taken heed! We all know about being joyful but do we all live it? What in the world does that mean?

Children are fantastic models of joy. I am amazed at how much my children daily teach me about being more like the Lord. Forgiveness, joy, helpfulness, cheerfulness, love, and I could go and on! Last year while beginning our homeschool journey, I was searching for some music with substance and found this: www.songsforsaplings.com. Wow. My kids picked up on these verses and truths so quickly. One of the songs is none other than "A merry heart does good like a medicine, Proverbs 17:22" So simple. So easy to understand. So childlike. Yet so hard sometimes for me to remember! I decided to sing in my heart this song whenever I felt myself having an ugly heart....and it has helped so much! So if you are around me, and I start whistling a little tune, know I am just reminding myself and my babies to practically put into our lives, God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment