Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School!

Today my little love Noah and I started our first day of the first grade! How daunting of a task this is! I am so thrilled about the privilege to do this. We journeyed through kindergarten last year and we sure had fun. Listening to my two year old pick up on phonics and the pledge of allegiance were wonderful memories that I ponder often.

 I have such a passion for encouraging moms who are considering this to jump in with both feet. Even the greatest and most equipped teacher will never care for your child's outcome, education, and training as you will. You will cherish rainy days like we had today, snuggled up on the couch with fluffy blankets, working on first "readers." Your heart will nearly explode when you see the excitement and pride as they tackle something they have been struggling with for days. I am so excited about the journey of homeschooling my family is currently taking. It is an honor for me to teach him, and eventually the others, how to be a great citizen, a hard worker, a good man, a lover of God and people, a servant, and a husband and father. Where else in this world will he see the things Travis and I feel are necessary for his training? I look at it as though we are training our little soldiers. Fresh soldiers who havent ever held a gun, who have never been taught the concepts of combat, who don't know how to handle crises or attacks aren't thrown into battle. They are rigorously trained; their bodies and minds subjected to disciplines that  prepare them for the war. We take this job very seriously. We have one shot at this. We are raising tiny humans, equipping them for the war! I want Navy Seals, Army Rangers, Special Forces, the best of the best. Those things don't happen by accident. It is intentional. And that is why I urge you mama's to join in. Get dirty and train your little soldiers for the biggest war of their lives. They will be ever grateful you did. And you will be able to look back with little regret. You certainly will not be able to say you wish you would have spend more time with them. Your lives will be entwined, wonderfully, and beautifully.


No comments:

Post a Comment