Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day in the Woods.

   What a beautiful day we had! Today I began the day snuggling with every person in my home all piled into my bed. Love snuggling with my favorites. It is the best way in the world to awaken. Travis made the kids breakfast and I got everything ready to go. Off we went :)

   We drove up to Prairie Oaks and buckled our life jackets, hopped in the canoe, and the guy pushing us off looks at me, with my 8 month old between my legs, and says, "You re gonna paddle with a baby?" I said "Sure thing! Here we go!" and as he pushes my family off, I realize what an absolutely, horrible idea this was! The wind begins to blow, and the canoe rocks, and I get, well, a little terrified! What a catastrophic situation this would be, my little two year old FREAKS out in the water, and my 8 MONTH old! oh my. I told Travis, "take me back!"  He laughs hysterically, and maddens me! HA! Well I got over my mom moment, and looked around at the nature all around, and then just took a breathe. I looked at my babies and their little smiles as their tiny fingers dangled in the water and it was a beautiful moment.What was even better was hearing my 6 year old imitate me to my dad as he recalled the entire event this afternoon! HA! Oh from the mouths of babes :)

   Next up was the Critter Display. Down at Darby Creek there was a lovely display of creatures from the park. There were live freshwater mussels, crawdads, tadpoles, toads, turtles, snakes, water scorpions, walking stick bugs, fish of all sorts. Love seeing my children enjoying God's creation. What a fascinating earth we have been given. What an extraordinary God we have.


No comments:

Post a Comment